Monday, April 12, 2010

Where to begin...

Here's my little introduction into the blogging world. I am sure that the millions of you reading this are thrilled. *insert sarcasm*

I am still not convinced about this blogging thing, but why not. Someone told me that she would love to read my thoughts. Supposedly, I am funny and have lots to say. I guess I'll let you be the judge of that. *cue crickets*

I am a late-20's or so woman who is on this crazy, little path called life. I thought I had my life all planned out years ago because you know everything when you are 19. This isn't quite what I had planned, but it is oh, so very much better.

Where I thought I would be:
-Married for about 4 years
-A couple of kids
-Living in Southern California
-Working in the medical field

Where I am:
-Newlywed. Or am I? How long do you stay a newlywed?
-Expecting our first child in early September. I cannot imagine being on this journey any earlier. What was I thinking?
-Living in Northern California. Might as well be a different state. Strangely, it is me. Since moving here, I feel like I put on an old, comfy t-shirt. That one you've had for 10+ years but will never part with because it is worn in all the right places.
-Trained in education but unemployed and overqualified

There are certain aspects that turned out just as I had dreamed. I am married to a man who gets me more than I get myself most days. He knows me in a way that is comforting and exhilarating all at once. We are on our way to owning our first home. This needs its own post, which is sure to come in the future. We have some of the greatest family and friends in the whole world. While they may drive us crazy at times, they have our best interest at heart. Please remind me of this in the future when I want to pull my hair out. Plus we are already the parents to two furbabies, Klaus and Zoe. You will hear too much about them. They provide me with amusement, love, comfort and a little test of patience daily.

Speaking of the dogs, it is time for them to drag me around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment