Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fancy seeing you here.

Yes, I was missing.  No, I was not held captive by our two Mutleys.  I am still getting into the habit of blogging.  I think I am having issues because I am not quite sure where I am taking this blog.  My life is going in so many different directions that it is hard to focus on any singular aspect.  Then again, isn't that just life?

I know that I don't want to be a pregnant attention hoar.  While I love, love, love that I am on this pregnancy journey, it does not define me.  

I know that I love ranting about the stupid people I encounter.  However, due to the above situation, I am becoming somewhat of an optimist.  *looking around*  Good!  No one needs to know that. 

I know that I could blog about my attempts at cooking.  (Last night's creation was delicious.  BBQ meatloaf muffins.)  Yet, this would require me to use or create recipes when I cook.  Generally, I look in the fridge or freezer and just make it up as I go along.  

I know that I could sympathize with all of the other people out there trying to buy a house right now.  But some days it is just too stressful to think about, let alone type about for every single blog post.


Today though...


Today could be a good house day.  Today, our offer could be accepted.  Today could mean the end of looking on Redfin multiple times a day.  Obsess much?  Today could mean no longer spending our weekends at open houses or stalking realtors.  Today could mean that we will have OUR first house 45 days from now (a whole 64 days before Mr. Man is due!!!) Today could mean that I can do some real gardening this summer.  Today could mean that we can spend our weekends refinishing wood floors, painting walls and creating my walk-in-closet, complete with chandelier. 

Or today could be just another day and another house letdown.

But until that happens, I am going to revel in the possibilities of today.  I am going to scheme up paint combinations for the exterior of our cute little, cottage-esqe house.  I am going to research flooring options.  I might even swing by Ikea to browse and lust a little.  More than anything though, I am going to dream about Mr. Man's nursery.

I am going to cross my fingers, say a little prayer, and remind myself that we put in the offer that we were most comfortable with.

Oh, and that perfect, first house that I am trying to not get hung up on...

 




   

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're back. :)

    My two cents? Just write. Write what you're thinking at that moment, whether it be all about Mr. Man, marriage, houses, something you read in the paper or saw on the news. If you cook something amazing in the kitchen, jot down (at least ballpark) how you did it. As you write, your blog will structure itself.

    When I started mine, it was literally a clusterf*ck of random thoughts...after enough time and enough writing, it shaped itself into something cohesive, with a basic structure and outlying features. That will come to you with time, but thus far, I think you've made a pretty good start. :)

    ReplyDelete