Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ahhh, Life.

You know when you feel that certain contentment.  That feeling like life is not only everything you thought it could be, but more.  I am there.  We are there.

It is strange to think that just a year ago we were newly engaged, planning our wedding, house hunting, planning our move from San Diego, and our future family was just a hope.  Now, we are poised to have everything we wanted, everything we planned for.  Is life this good?  Is life this kind?

For today, yes.  Simply yes.  Resoundingly yes.

I cannot find the perfect word for this feeling.  It is so much more than love, than happiness, than joy.  It is a feeling of fulfillment but more.  It is a feeling of overwhelming gratitude but more.  It is just more.

I know that life will throw some bumps our way.  I know that the perfect life comes with its share of tribulations.  I know that there will be days I take our blessings for granted or not be able to see them as clearly as I do now.  But to be here, in the now, in this feeling, it is amazing.  I am going to savor every second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment