Friday, July 23, 2010

False Alarm #1

So I am sure that there will be more to come over the next 6 or so weeks. (SIX WEEKS?!  WHAT?! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!...  Okay, back to my actual post.)  However, this first alarm provided me with much amusement.  Aut, not so much.

We were sleeping away like normal on Sunday night.  And by normal, I mean that I woke up at least 3 times that night.  At least once was to use the bathroom.  Then there were the times I woke up because I had to roll over to my other side due to losing all feeling in one of my hands.  Yes, this is my current 'normal.'

Suddenly, I was screaming in pain.  Excruciating, make your eyes burn pain.  Aut lept out of bed.  I kept saying "I have to stand up, but it hurts too much."  Aut is hurriedly putting his clothes on.  I am continuing to scream in pain.  He makes his way over to my side of the bed to help me stand up.  All the while, he is muttering about how we don't have our bags packed, the carseat isn't installed and the house isn't ready.  As soon as he helps me out of bed, I start stretching out my calf.

Sweet relief. 

This would be when he realizes that I am not in labor.  That my knotted calf muscles are the source of my pain.

I peacefully went right back to sleep.  Aut's adrenaline was pumping too hard and he was up for the next 2 hours before the alarm went off.  I figure that I am going to get more sleepless nights in our future, so it is all fair. 

I guess we should get those bags packed and that carseat installed.

At least we HAVE our carseat.  Right?

And maybe ALL of this baby crap should be moved over to the new house...


On the house front, we are moving in two weeks.  That will leave us with 4 weeks to spare before Mr. Man's due date, but a mere 1 week before I am considered 'full-term.'

No comments:

Post a Comment