Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh, Hello Stranger(S?)

Why yes, I am still alive despite my MIA blogging status.

It seems that when I made my June goal to blog every single day, I had no idea how much I would suck at it.  Normally when I set a goal for myself, I do everything to reach it...even if I procrastinate until midnight before getting it done.  This time, I have no idea what happened.

Or maybe I do.

It seems that remodeling a house and being pregnant leaves one very tired.  It seems that when one has a spare moment, ones does not get to her blog.  It seems that forming coherent thoughts becomes difficult after painting a room, growing a baby, de-ivy-ing a flower bed, et cetera. 

I truly had the best of intentions.  I thought "Score!  I will track our remodeling progress.  I will keep a record of all of the crazy things I try out in the kitchen.  I will have a place to vent/moan/scream/rejoice about the roller coaster that is being pregnant."  Instead, I took a lot of naps.  And they were glorious.     

The good news is that my part of the remodeling is winding down.  We planned it so that my 'tasks' would be finished as my belly became less manageable.  My to-do list mainly consists of decorating rooms as they are finished.  It is not quite the manual labor I had been doing before, so I should be blogging more regularly. 

The other good news is that I have been taking pictures all along.  At some point you will get an overwhelming amount of before, during and after pictures.  You have been warned. 

I will leave you with a teaser. 

The Master Bedroom


Walls Painted: Check!
New Floors: Check!
Baseboard installed: Check!
Trim Painted: Check!
Window Coverings: Half Check  - bamboo blinds will be installed behind the drapes


To Do:
Light Fixture... and then,


MOVE ALL OF OUR CRAP IN!


And a little bit of my love...
Klaus cuddling up on Aut during our nightly drive from the current house to our new one <3

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Klaus has gotten so BIG! lol

    ps. Me wants more renovating pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your public demands more reno pics, enough with these teasers! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Public? I have a public? Haha.

    Oh, you mean the adoring mass of 2.

    ReplyDelete