Monday, July 26, 2010

Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am!

My husband rocks.  He seriously and unequivocally rocks.



As proof, I present our bathroom.  Yes, it is still a work in progress.  However, I cannot contain how giddy I am with how far it has come in such a short time.

Before:
Aren't those just beautiful aqua green tiles?  And that tub just screams relax away all of your worries.  *side eye*  I do not know how anyone actually lived with that bathroom.

First...
GOOD-BYE  ugly tile!

Then...
GOOD RIDDANCE drywall and subflooring lacking in moisture barriers!
(And no more green floor tile!)

Next...
Reinforce structural.  Replace crap plumbing with copper.  Add in a deep 18' inches of soaking tub.  *swoon*

And again...
What is that stuff?  Is that actual moisture and mold resistant backing?  Insanity!
(And yes, my hunky husband usually works shirtless.  It is a rough life.)

Finally...
Glorious, clean white tile.  All cut and laid by hunky husband. 

Unbelievable...
New mosaic tile floor.  It took Aut a whopping 3 hours to lay the floor.  *insert wide-eyed look*

Almost there...
All of the tile still needs to be grouted.  The bottom half of the wall will have beadboard.  Obviously, we still need to install the pedestal sink and toilet.  The window will be replaced eventually. 

Here is a bit of inspiration to leave you with an idea of the final product.

4 comments:

  1. Love!!

    Does the guy in the tub come with it? Or was he extra?;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic so far - I LOVE that floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture you used for inspiration just made me want to redo my bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're a lucky woman :) I felt the same sense of gratitude when my husband searched our entire apartment for hole and plugged them all so no more mice would get in. Gotta love those men!

    ReplyDelete