Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Home Inspiration - Mr. Man's Room

Once we found out that we would be expecting our 1st human child, I went to work searching for the perfect bedding.  I found girl bedding right away.  It was green with touches of pink.  It had a bird and leaf pattern, leaving it girly without being in your face.  Finding boy bedding was another issue.  I searched and searched and searched.  Everything was trucks, planes or jungle themed.  None of them struck a cord with me.  Until...

Why yes, that IS Dr. Seuss bedding, courtesy of Pottery Barn.  It warmed the cockles of my cold, educational heart.  Cheery and whimsical, every bit of it screamed BUY me.  So I did.

The sheets are sprinkled with all of my favorite characters.  The bumper bold in color.

However such bold bedding left a big question mark when it came to the walls.  While I liked the idea in the main nursery picture, it wouldn't last beyond his early years.  I wanted a color that will grow with him.  Enter...

I consider this to be a bold neutral.  In person, it looks more khaki.  Then again, I am not sure what 'Warm Caramel' would look like on a wall.  I prefer to keep caramel in my mouth.


My palette inspiration is more 'man' than 'little boy.'  I feel like this will balance the whimsy of the bedding.

I start painting tomorrow!!!  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, love it. Almost as much as the shark bedding. But that's only because I'm completely and totally biased. :)

    ReplyDelete