Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Issues. I have them.

I know it may shock you to know that I have issues.  Major issues.  I think that anyone who is okay with living in a construction zone for over a year must have issues.  Our house has taken on a life of its own.  Every single project has taken on a life of its own.  Currently, every single room is drastically different from when this house became ours.  Yet, every single room is still not finished.  While many little things are absolutely perfect, the whole is still in the realm of imperfection. 

There have been so many adventures over the past year that I doubt I will be able to recapture many of them in text.  However, I will try.

A couple of teaser highlights:
  • the kitchen was gutted (about 6 months ahead of schedule)... and my husband is the one actually building our cabinets
  • both bathrooms were taken down to the studs (only 1 is close to being done, the other is having an exterior wall being built right this very second)
  • replaced every single window (cannot wait for our lower heating bill this upcoming winter)
  • exterior overhaul has been planned (new paint, trim, gutters, and lots of stucco patching)

So yeah, it's been a teensy weensy bit busy in these parts.  Forget the whole becoming parents for the 1st time, me going back to school and starting a new job, and just general life.

No comments:

Post a Comment