Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nursery Recap!

Before I last left you, I had thrown together a little inspiration for Mr. Man's nursery(He's only 9-months-old, so it's still called a nursery.  Right?  Please tell me so.  I can barely handle him turning 9-months-old.  He cannot have already transitioned into just a regular ol' bedroom.)  I am happy to report that he has not been sleeping in a cardboard box this entire time.  However, his room has undergone a couple of transformations. 

This is what we started out with:
Try to not be too jealous of our gorgeous carpeting, or the archaic ceiling fan.  Don't forget to have extra long cables come out of the wall to maximize your baby-proofing.  I won't even comment on the stickers under the layers of two-tone paint.

First, we got a good dose of primer on those walls and painted them 'Warm Caramel'.   
(After removing aforementioned stickers of course.)


Then, we took out the carpet.  Put in laminate flooring.


Added some baseboard.  Actually assembled a crib.  Got a dresser/changing table and a glider.



 





Did a bit of DIY letters because no nursery would be complete without them.


We like to get them started early in this house, so his tools were ready to go on his changing table.


Replaced/created our own light fixture.  Built a picture ledge.  Put his library together (complete with baby safe cable cords!)



 And that was that for about 6-months, when my child finally got a name!


This was also around the time that he began to get mobile.  This meant 'Good-bye' to the dangerous bookshelf that was hanging out in his room.  (And the dangerous cable cords!)   Now, he has two matching nightstands that serve as toy chests and bookshelves.  I love the color they add to the room.



We added a shelf above his changing table because he was also starting to kick everything off of it.
Fun times.  >_<


It only took me 9-months to grow a child.  And it is taking me more than 9-months to finish his bedroom.  Something isn't adding up.  We still have some tweaking to do for me to consider it 'done.'  His dresser is still missing 4 knobs.  I need to decide on a Dr. Seuss quote for his wall.  I also have my eye on some artwork.  I am contemplating putting in red Roman blinds instead of the curtains.  By the time I have all of it finished, we'll probably be switching him to a big kid bed.  Such is life.       

As a bonus, his room (and every other room in the house) currently does not have window molding.  All of the windows have been replaced over the last couple of weeks.  The hubster wants to trim and paint the exterior before tackling the interior 'fun' of getting new windows. 

So there you have it.  One (almost) finished room from start to finish. 


Where did I get all of the goodies?  Glad you asked.

Dresser - Ikea
Crib - Goore's
Light fixture - created from a basic feature at Lowe's and a shade we bought on LampsPlus
Rug - Ikea (no longer available)
Shelf - Ikea
Dresser Knobs - Pottery Barn (no longer available)
Bedding - Pottery Barn

Craigslist provided us with the nightstands (which I painted to match the letters of his name) and the glider.  Goooo Craigslist.  I love me some saving of the moolah.   

2 comments:

  1. Wait, when did he turn 9 months old?! He's not allowed to be that big yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! It's a Seussical wonder!

    ReplyDelete